Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Day At The Park








Ben and I had a picnic at the park today to celebrate the good weather. It was a little chilly, but the sky was super clear with only a few puffy white clouds. We went to a park along the Sammamish Slough that was perfect for a cheap getaway. First I made Ben stop a couple of times to take some pictures. He LOVES taking pictures! There were a bunch of random little trails that we explored as well. Then we walked about two miles down the trail to the Chateau St. Michelle winery and set up our picnic. Along with munching on all of our goodies, we did some people watching and I think we found a new hobby :). I also discovered these really tall trees that weren't hard to miss. They formed a huge wall along the trail. I was imagining that somewhere along the tree wall was an entrance to a secret garden. This sudden jolt in my imagination station couldn't have been from reading Alice in Wonderland could it? I highly doubt it. At the end of our journey I found this sculpture that was a fish (salmon?) on one side and a moon on the other. I liked the moon side the best of course. Time to go eat chicken chili and build a fire! Ta ta for now....

1 comment: